KELCH QR: Efficient tool identification and data transmission
A new solution for integrated, process-reliable tool identification, which simultaneously transmits the tool data to the machine tool. KELCH QR is designed as a simple, cost-efficient solution, which enables businesses to benefit from Industry 4.0 Smart Factory standards without major additional expenditure. The following overview presents the method, including label printing and shows how KELCH QR provides a time-saving, cost-effective way to input tool data at the machine.
Step 1: Identification of the tool on the tool presetter
A simple QR code label affixed to the tool holder contains the unique identification number of the complete tool. It is read by a hand held scanner and the setting process can start fully automatically.
Step 2: Measurement and data set generation
The measured values of the tool and all machine control-related information are printed on a label encrypted as a QR code. The tool data is also printed in plain text on the label to enable it to be identified without a scanner at all times.
Step 3: Transmission of the data to the machine
This label is conveniently read on the machine control by a hand held scanner. An additional portable module enables all data to be automatically inputted into the control. Input errors are therefore completely eliminated. The system is fully independent of the control as the input can be simulated in every controller and executed by the add-on module. The only prerequisite is an open USB connection on the control. It can also be flexible enough to be used for multiple machines.
- Tool identification at any time without the need for auxiliary equipment
- Generation of the QR code to identify and transmit data using the existing, cost-effective equipment (label printer)
- Process-reliable data transmission without input errors, using a commercially available scanner
- Increased convenience e.g. time savings: Scanning in place of typing
- Eliminates data input errors
- Independent of the machine and control
- Costs are reduced to a minimum
- No cost-intensive adaptation or retrofitting needed on the tool presetter or in the machine.
- USB plug in with minimal configuration
For more information and to discuss your operational needs for tool data transfer click the link [email protected]